Friday, July 13, 2012

Sweet Mothers

I realize this is my blog and I am, more often than not, going to write about myself, our journey, and our struggle. However, it's come to my attention this struggle weighs on ALL my friends and family quite heavily. Thank you for reading this and thank you for supporting us as best you can through this hardship. It is "hard" for me at times to have so many children around me; however, I love your kiddos. Holding a baby, hearing a baby laugh, or even a very dramatic sad face makes my day!! Having said this... I want to take a minute to encourage my sweet friends. Most of the women in my life, family and friends, are mothers and I deeply appreciate you and want to celebrate your life.

So...
- to the new mommies who haven't even publicly announced your exciting news- CONGRATULATIONS. You are going to be a wonderful mother. I pray you have a wonderful pregnancy.
-To the new mom's who are dropping pounds each day and zipping pre-pregnancy jeans-YAY! I'm celebrating this exciting progress.
-To the mom's who are facing hardship with breast feeding. (I heard this put really well the other day, the most unnatural-natural thing ever) I'm sorry your supply isn't "sufficient" and/or I'm sorry breastfeeding hasn't been the blissful bonding experience we ALL hope for. You are such a good mother and only you know what's best for your sweet baby. Don't let other people tell you what's best or what you're doing is "wrong." All day every day, you mothers, are caring for your child to the best of your ability. I know all of your choices are made with great care. I respect you all for your courage.
-to my sweet mothers with sick children. I can't imagine the hurt you feel seeing your baby suffer. Hospitals, dr. visits, surgeries, and illness are definitely not the fun parts of parenthood. I pray for your strength and quick healing of your children.
 -For those tackling potty training- stay consistent and enjoy the awkward "yay mommy!" moments when you potty. I'm proud of you for the dedication to your child. I can personally say I'm not looking forward to this age (I have experience with children in ALL other areas) haha. So-... I'm proud of you for talking about potty non stop and living seconds away from a toilet :)
 
-To my stay-at home-moms- some people say this is "easy".. they are CRAZY. I know you don't get the breaks you might always need, and I'm sure it feels difficult to have a life outside of the home. You are such a blessing to your household. Call if you need a break!
-to the working mothers- **The phrase "working mother" is redundant. -Jane Sellmana** a full day of work to a full time mommy job HAS to be exhausting. I admire your ability to juggle so much. It's okay if a ball drops every now and then, but wearing as many hats as you do-you are strong, powerful, and selfless.
-For those with older kiddos- Your ability to juggle school projects, bible studies, carpooling, basketball games and recitals amazes me. You are incredible!! 
-For all those "empty nesters"- mothering is a job never complete. Thank you for your selflessness and all the love and care you've put into raising your kiddos.
-To the adoptive mother- I can't wait to join you!! **"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother"-Oprah Winfrey** I admire your strength in talking about adoption to your child and thank you for your support through this process.
-For those who are undergoing surgeries, fertility treatments, and charting- I deeply pray the Lord bless you with a child. I can't wait to celebrate motherhood with you!
-To the sweet women who've lost a child. My heart breaks for your loss and I'm overwhelmed by the deep sorrow you experience. I pray for your heartache and love you so so much. 
-For the women who are not ready or may not want children at all-You and your husband **and your pets** are a family. You are no less a woman for not having children. You know what's best and right for you! 

I'm aware there are a MILLION other things mothers do daily that go unnoticed!! I just want to shout out and say you are wonderfully and beautifully made. You are a good mother. God gave your child to you and allowed you the great responsibility of loving and raising them; therefore, YOU are what's best for your baby. I admire you and love you.

 There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. -Jill Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment