Wednesday, September 12, 2012

passing the time

adoption progress: we have no news.

Mrs. N called yesterday, and today, to say they are waiting for any new information. We adore our agency and their desire to keep our minds at bay to the best of their ability. I know she will call me daily, even to say "hey, it's Mrs. N, checking in with no news.." Then we'll chat a bit and I'll ask her any questions rolling around in my head; but, the assurance her phone call brings, even with 'no news' is important. First, I love to chat with her, she's a breath of fresh air AND she really cares about our family. She loves her some Piatts ;) and I truly believe she's anxious for the day we get our 'yes' as well! What a blessing to be partnered with Hope Cottage. Second, after her phone call we can relax the rest of the day. I don't stare at the phone hoping it will ring! She called, no news, okay-move on to the rest of my day.... 

In honor of passing time and recovering from a little cold :/--today involved wonderful relaxation. Don't judge me, I'm treating this time as my last moments before entering into motherhood. I'm ready, but don't think I'm totally naive to the drastic changes a child brings to our life. I say to that "bring it on"... until then, here's what my wednesday entailed:
  1. Sleep in as late as possible- check
  2. Wear one of Jake's softest t-shirts- check
  3. Brush teeth-check
  4. Brush hair--- not so much. 
  5. Eat soup and leftovers my mom brought over (no cooking/cleaning)-check
  6. Watch an appropriate amount of episodes hours of Saved by the bell... check check
Thanks to Netflix, I'm streaming all 99 episodes. 


Don't act like you aren't singing the theme song in your head RIGHT now!...

When I wake up in the morning And the 'larm gives out a warning I don't think I'll ever make it on time By the time I grab my books And I give myself a look I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by It's alright 'cause I'm saved by the bell If the teacher pops a test I know I'm in a mess And my dog ate all my homework last nite Riding low in my chair She won't know that I'm there If I can hand it in tomorrow, it'll be all right It's alright 'cause I'm saved by the bell It's alright 'cause I'm saved by the bell It's alright 'cause I'm saved by the It's alright 'cause I'm saved by the
It's alright 'cause I'm saved by the bell!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! I'll update as soon as we hear anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment