Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sweet Carson Wayne

Dearest Carson,

I never believed in love at first sight until I met you today. You are the most beautiful boy I've ever seen. I have prayed for you, loved you, and dreamed of you for many many years, and you, son, are MORE spectacular than I could've imagined. You are such a sweet and happy baby. You didn't cry at all on the hour drive home, even when we went a little past your hunger stage. You just made a precious face and gave us a few warning coos. Watching your dad carry you into our home was one of the most meaningful days of my life. Your dad loves you so much, he asked if he could be the one to receive you from Mrs. L (foster momma) and give you to me--he also carried you into your forever home because he truly leads our household. I cannot wait to see you grow and develop a special bond with daddy.

I want you to know how much we respect your birth mother. She is young, but she is so brave and loves you so very much. We were humbled to find out she chose us based on our profile weeks ago. We haven't met her yet, but hopefully we can in the next few weeks. I cannot wait to thank her in person for this amazing gift. It took tremendous courage for her to choose adoption, and I know she will find total peace when she sees how much you are loved. The Lord really did design this perfectly. You instantly brought joy into this home, and you were clearly destined to be ours. Your name has significant meaning to us, we fell in love with the name Carson Dean four years ago and have been hoping for a son named Carson; Dean is your dad's middle name. We got the call Monday and knew you were ours, but we hadn't laid eyes on you yet, and we just didn't know what name would fit you--- we were sitting at Pei Wei having dinner when we received the email with your photo... it felt like the photo took 4 hours to load... such anticipation.. and there you were. We knew right away you were our son, you were our sweet Carson. Your middle name is in honor of your birth mother. Wayne is a family name, and we absolutely love it. Also, I am a huge John Wayne fan, I'll introduce you to him soon, and it's okay if you're not a fan :).

I'm sitting here typing this and you are sleeping right next to our bed. The sound of your breathing brings tears to my eyes... I cannot believe you are here! I'm pinching myself to make sure... and constantly kissing your face. The first time I held you I really thought about throwing all my developmental/parenting knowledge out the window and holding you until you go to kindergarden. I love you so much already, and I know it's only going to grow in the years to come. I pray you never doubt how loved and special you are to us.

My sweet sweet baby boy, you are ours, you are home, and you are perfect.

I love you with all of my heart,
Mom

So, here are some wonderful photos/videos of our first day together. I can't express to y'all how perfect he is... he is just-- wow. I don't have the words. I'm humbled the Lord chose him to be our son. What a cool experience, our God is good-- so faithful. Also, we spent today just the 3 of us, getting to know each other-- tomorrow will be a family day; however, thursday evening friends are welcome to come meet OUR SON. Please text us before y'all come.

Photos we were able to see the night before brought him home.




Ready to pick up our son.. 



First family photo!











He smiled the entire time we showed him his new home!!! Ah, we are so blessed. Love this little boy.


First bottle at home!!


Sweet lunch by my hubby.




perfection.


Zoie isn't sure how she feels about him yet, but she likes his cozy baby gear :))


 A little tummy time before bed!... 
oh my word, we are so in love.


What a wonderful day!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I'm at work and can't even hold back the tears! I know Austin and I don't get to catch up with you very often, but know we've been dreaming of this day for your family! We are truly overjoyed! We love you all!
    -the Chappells

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I love this day. I loved yesterday. I am overjoyed for you guys. Thursday isn't coming soon enough...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely can't wait to meet him! Saying "We are so happy for ya'll" is an understatement because I just can't quite express how excited we are for ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carson is so blessed to be in your heart and home. We serve a perfect and faithful God, filling our desires to fulfill His glory. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete