Sunday, September 2, 2012

Turn it around!

I am nearing the end of the Beth Moore Esther study, and it has really been amazing. God definitely wanted me to be in Esther with wonderful women this summer!! Thanks to all the girls who were diligent and committed to pursuing this study together; a special thanks to Robin for hosting and leading us-- I am confident in speaking for all of us when I say: Thank you, we admire you, and love you very much. 

I just spent time filling out the "Turn it Around" notecards and I'm excited for this tangible reminder of the common struggles among women, and the scriptures to counter them. Here's the list if you're interested!

Turn It Around
But trust reverses the detours of adversity into the highways of destiny. 

1. It's tough being a woman in another woman's shadow.
Psalm 91:1

2. It's tough being a woman in a world where beauty is a treatment.
Ecclesiastes 3:11

3. It's tough being a woman in a mean world.
1 Timothy 1:18,19

4. It's tough being a woman thrown a giant-size weight.
1 Peter 5:7; Deuteronomy 23:5

5. It's tough being a woman in the tight fist of fear.
Deuteronomy 33:29; Nehemiah 4:14; Isaiah 49:16

6. It's tough being a woman who can balance passion with patience.
Isaiah 30:18

7. It's tough being a woman who feels responsible for the "how". 
2 Peter 2:9; Psalm 103:14

Beth Moore talks about God getting the glory in situations where the "tables are turned." If we never have a table turned on top of us, we'll never experience the joy of what it means for God to turn that table. When we were first informed of our infertility, my table crushed me completely...  I've talked about it over and over-I knew the Lord wanted me to let go of this and trust Him completely. This took YEARS!! I can sit here and say with all my being- I trust Him, I am free from this struggle, and I am excited about the good work He's doing in my heart.

The Lord revealing this truth to me is such a sweet miracle. I can honestly say the true character of my God is shown more through this freedom of letting go than actually allowing us to conceive. In the same token, as we wait through this adoption process--I trust and believe our child will be nothing short of a perfect match-a miracle. He is with me and will never forsake me-- not even for a moment.

Not For a Moment After All
Meredith Andrews and Vertical Church Band 

No comments:

Post a Comment