Monday, September 24, 2012

Worth the wait..

Most important part of this post is---WE HAVE A SON!!!! yesssss, that's right, a son! These past few days have been so crazy and I want to catch you up on our adoption process.

7 pm, Thursday the 20th, we heard from Hope Cottage regarding a very exciting possibility. I didn't mention it on my last post in detail, but--- Hope Cottage has twins ready for placement. TWINS. We have always wanted multiples. So, when this call came in, we were thrilled.

The birth mother wasn't able to make a decision last week and was having such a hard time they wanted us to come in this morning at 10 am. Now, this was not a match meeting, she hadn't chosen a family-- so a few families, we don't know how many, met with her this morning. What a crazy experience!! Hope Cottage normally doesn't operate this way because it's hard on the families... I agree, but at the same time, I've always said "if only they could meet us in person"... I trust the process, and I understand birth mothers choose from books on a regular basis, and THEN meet the couple. It doesn't surprise me we are going in not knowing if she even "likes" us.

We were excited to express our hearts in person, and hopefully give her the peace of mind she needs to make this decision. My heart hurts for how difficult this is for her... I can't imagine making this decision, and I so hoped it would be us.

Also, during this twin commotion--- I'd put the possibility of the sweet 3 month old in their TLC home on the back burner and assumed the paternity test would allow his birth father to parent. Wrong- during the same phone call, Mrs. N told us he is also legally ready for placement!! Whoa, so now we are in the running for twins AND a sweet little boy. This is just unreal. We were an emotional wreck all weekend :)

We felt the meeting went well, we were able to present ourselves in a mature and genuine light; however, for those who know me--- one of the first questions I asked Mrs. N on thursday was "what on earth do I wear to one of these things"... in my head I was putting together my best business casual, BREATHABLE outfit. Jake looked very nice in his suit while I was pitting out... we all know I have a sweating problem.

Fast forward to the good part!!!!--- It's Monday night 11:00 pm. Our night is finally calming down. Today we had a meeting with the twin's birth mother and thought it went very well. We left the meeting unsure about everything. We really didn't know if we wanted her to pick us, or if we'd just been so focused on the idea of twins we hadn't really stopped to think about her needs, level of openness, and many other factors. Well, we came home, mentally and emotionally exhausted-- I tried to take a nap and Jake went to work for a few hours. 2:40 p.m. I received a phone call from Mrs. N.--- She had the best news I've ever heard. She informed me the twin's birth mother felt a bond with another family and in the same breath that Michael Wayne (the 3 month old little boy in TLC home...see this post) was our son! I got a little information and quickly called Jake. I could barely get the words out.. we just sobbed. He came home immediately and what a sweet, sweet moment. Our wait is over, we have a son, he's ours, and he's almost home!

We've renamed him--- Carson Wayne (middle name to honor his birth mother). We are so excited to meet him and bring him home. Tomorrow at 1:00 we go to Hope Cottage to bring our sweet boy home. We can't express how humbled and moved we are by this blessing. I think it's so amazing that his birth mother knew she wanted us the minute she saw our profile. She specifically wanted a young Christian couple.... so awesome to think the Lord has known this, Carson has been ours, we just didn't know it! Also, I was so sure we wouldn't be chosen based on "just a stupid book." Just goes to show me, we don't have a clue what's best for us. The Lord is in total control and we can't even comprehend the way He's going to bless us.

Thank you all for praying and supporting us through this. It's been a loooong bumpy ride, but oh, so sweet, and worth the wait. We did get to see a photo, and let me just tell you- we are absolutely in love with this precious boy. I cannot wait to share him with you all. Check back tomorrow night for pictures of our special day!!!

Here's a few pictures of what this evening looked like...

Started with the call--

Quick trip to Target!!!


Our first official load of baby laundry ;))


so worth the wait!


Packing up for pick up!


Just the cutest sight...



our son is so loved. 

9 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!! I'M DYING!!! It's 3:30 am and I so want to wake up Joseph to tell him the news! But I'll show restraint and just squeal for y'all in my head. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk!!!!!! Congratulations Joanna!!!!!!!!!!! This is the moment you've waited for! I'm thrilled and can't wait for another update. (I live for your blog right now ��) Good luck today and just breathe. You and jake ARE amazing parents! Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH I know!! Thank you so much. We are just so humbled by everyone's love and support (and major excitement!!)... will post pics tonight, I promise.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! We are happy for you!

    Cyndi and Larry Kempke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, can't wait for y'all to meet him :)

      Delete
  3. Oh the Lord has a sense of humor naming YOUR baby after your idol John Wayne, love that! Give him a hundred kisses for me and we'll meet him very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know--- he was meant to be ours from day one!! LOVE him already and I haven't even held him yet. Can't wait for you to meet him!

      Delete
  4. Jo, your posts always make me cry but this one is unreal!!! I feel like I have a new nephew and can't wait to meet him!!! We love y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks!---get your tissues ready for the next post because I'll add some pictures of our first meeting :)))) love y'all. We are so excited and blessed beyond measure!

      Delete
  5. Best. Post. Ever. Can't wait to meet him!! we love yall so much!!!! PRAISE GOD FOR HIS GOODNESS AND FAITHFULNESS - HE IS SO SO SO SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete