Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 17

I'm thankful for my Gilmore Girls DVD box set! I watch all 7 seasons once a year, when the weather gets cold. I love love love it.










A few of my favorite moments....

♥ Lorelai: My mother - she was here. I can feel it. Smell that? The room smells like guilt and Chanel No. 5.

♥ Rory: I can't finish all this and sleep at the same time.
Lorelai: You have to sleep. It's what keeps you pretty.
Rory: Who cares if I'm pretty if I fail my finals?
Lorelai: Oh-kay. You've got this so completely backwards.

♥ Logan: Rory, you're special. 
Rory: Like "stop-eating-the-paste" special?

♥ Luke: This tastes pink. Really pink. It's like drinking a My Little Pony.

♥ Lorelai: The plural of cul-de-sac is culs-de-sac? That doesn't even sound like English.
Rory: That's because it's French.

♥ Kirk: Hello? How 'bout that coffee? 
Lorelai: I got it. 
Kirk: Oh, but mine's a quarter caff. 
Lorelai: Huh?
Kirk: Three fourths caffeinated, one fourth decaff. 
Lorelai: I four fourths don't care. 

♥ Lorelai: Huh. You know what I just realized? Oy is the funniest word in the entire world. I mean, think about it. You never hear the word oy and not smile. Impossible. Funny, funny word. Poodle is another funny word.
Emily: Please drink your drink, Lorelai.
Lorelai: In fact, if you put oy and poodle together in the same sentence, you’d have a great new catch phrase, you know? Like, “Oy with the poodles already.” So from now on, when the perfect circumstances arise, we will use our favorite new catch phrase.
Rory: Oy with the poodles already!
Lorelai: I’m telling you, it’s knocking “Whatcha talking ’bout, Willis?” right out of first place.

♥ Paris: She's got a C average which means she's either lazy or stupid. I can work with either. Frankly sometimes stupid is easier. I can scare the stupid out of you, but the lazy runs deep.

♥ Paris: Do you see any of my students falling in love with me? No. And you know why? Because you don’t fall in love with people that make you wanna crap your pants. I want to see terror in their eyes. Fear is a great motivator people, use it.

♥ Paris: [Rory and Paris are running inside to get out of the pouring rain] Out of the way! Move, move, move! 
Girl in the dorm: Is it raining? 
Paris: No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot!

♥ Lorelai: Do they make flasks for hot beverages? 
Rory: Yeah, it's called a Thermos. 

♥ Rory: But my ultimate inspiration comes from my best friend, the dazzling woman from whom I received my name and my life's blood, Lorelai Gilmore. My mother never gave me any idea that I couldn't do whatever I wanted to do or be whomever I wanted to be. She filled our house with love and fun and books and music, unflagging in her efforts to give me role models from Jane Austen to Eudora Welty to Patti Smith. As she guided me through these incredible eighteen years, I don't know if she ever realized that the person I most wanted to be was her.

♥ Lorelai:Hey. 
Luke: Hey. 
Lorelai: Thank you. 
Luke: Aw, it's no big deal. 
Lorelai: Luke... 
Luke: I just like to see you happy. [They kiss, finally] 

I was sad about the way it ended (just kinda left us all hangin'; however, I was always Team Luke)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment