Tuesday, January 28, 2014

openness

Hey everyone.. Sorry for my absence... Although, you really haven't missed much. Especially if you follow me on Instagram. :)

Things are pretty normal right now. Carson is great. Healthy, happy, smart, fun, stubborn, hilarious, wild, and sweet. Jake and I started a list of words he's saying clearly (and more than once!); he's up to 96 words! I'm so proud of him, and he's still the most beautiful boy I've ever seen. He is a toddler and can be a pistol, but for the most part he's extremely well behaved. He's such a joy.

We are growing in our openness with Kim. We met her "off campus" last week. (We didn't use Hope Cottage as the meeting point) We've been emailing each other, and we are happy with the relationship. She is doing very well and is extremely respectful and positive about her choice. She continues to reassure us, she knows she made the right decisions. It's hard, and she gets sad, rightfully so, but she always says she knows she would make the same decision again. Our time was fairly heavy. It's personal, so I won't blast the information on this blog, but if you think about it, please keep her in your prayers. Her strength amazes me. She has a great sense of humor, and seems to care more about others than herself. Katei is a joy to be around and has a similar grin to Carson. They had a blast playing together. Carson was having so much fun he didn't want to sit by us (moms), and fussed several times when she tried to pick him up. My mind jumped to "oh, I wonder if that hurts her." Well, then I tried to wipe his nose and pick him up - he fussed and nearly flung himself out of my arms. Basically, it wasn't personal, he was busy and playing with Dad and Katei. The next day I got an email from her saying thanks for meeting and she said "don't worry it didn't hurt my feelings, katei is the same way, I know he just wanted to be down and playing." I mean, really? She is so understanding.. I'm not going to lie, it hurts my feelings when Carson prefers Jake over me, or doesn't "want" me. She is mature, and I am so encouraged by her. Our time was a little heavy, but I left it so encouraged. I am growing; Jake is growing; our love for the Lord is growing; our love for Kim is growing; and our love for all aspects of adoption are exploding!!!

Here are the photos from our day:












Check back soon.. we have some news!

No comments:

Post a Comment